Effectively Conceal Cosmetic Concerns with Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is an affordable solution that offers quick cosmetic enhancement for your smile. In just one appointment at Elite Dental Care, patients can close gaps in their smile or conceal minor imperfections, such as chips, cracks, or discoloration. Dental bonding can also be used to enhance the length of teeth that appear short or irregularly shaped. With this cosmetic treatment, our doctors can carefully sculpt tooth-colored composite resin, a compound mixture of plastic and ceramic, over the affected tooth to create a beautifully transformed smile. We have three convenient locations in Germantown, Trenton, and Jackson, TN.
Is Bonding Right for You?
You may be an excellent candidate for this procedure if you have:
- Small gaps between teeth
- Discoloration or stains that do not respond to teeth whitening
- Chipped or small breaks in teeth
- Teeth with worn edges
- Disproportionate teeth
If you are unsure about receiving porcelain veneers, dental bonding is a great alternative. This procedure can achieve similar results while still being reversible. Often, many patients find that dental bonding helps them understand achievable results when deciding if veneers are the right procedure for them in the future.
I can't say enough good things about our experience at Elite Dental. Thank you for making it a comfortable experience. Raymond W.
The Dental Bonding Procedure
Once you are happy with your treatment plan, your dentist will begin the procedure. Depending on how many teeth are being treated, the procedure can generally be completed in under an hour without the need for anesthesia.
- Tooth and Resin Preparation
- We will first thoroughly clean and dry your teeth, and may also apply a priming solution to each tooth being treated so the composite resin can more effectively bond. Using a shade guide, your dentist will color-match the resin to your smile.
- Bonding Application
- After the resin is prepared, we will carefully apply and shape the material over your tooth. Our doctors will use artistic techniques to achieve the best results possible.
- Hardening the Resin
- Once the proper shape is achieved, we will use a curing light to harden the resin.
- Final Adjustments
- Our team will check your bite to ensure that the resin does not prevent proper occlusion. If necessary, we can remove and smooth any excess material. Once complete, we will polish the tooth for a highly realistic shine and texture.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Bonding is a quick and convenient solution to achieve significant results in only one appointment. You can leave our office with a brighter, more symmetrical smile and a boost in confidence.
How Dental Bonding Works
At Elite Dental Care, we take a personalized and individual approach to creating your natural-looking, aesthetic smile. Our use of state-of-the-art technology and techniques help our doctors provide more comfortable care and precise dental bonding treatments.
Maintaining Your Results
Caring for your newly bonded smile requires the same approach to caring for your natural teeth, such as:
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day or after every meal
- Flossing daily
- Visiting our team for regular checkups
- Avoiding chewing on ice and hard candies
- Avoiding biting your nails
Following these healthy habits can help you maintain dental bonding results for five to seven years.
Helping You Find Confidence in Your Smile
Enhance Your Smile
At Elite Dental Care, we take a personalized and individual approach to creating your natural-looking, aesthetic smile. Our use of state-of-the-art technology and techniques help our doctors provide more comfortable care and precise dental bonding treatments. If you are interested in a customized smile with dental bonding, contact us online or call (731) 664-9556 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Harper.